Friday, November 16, 2007

My New Wonder

My boyfriend and I recently rented Meet the Robinsons from one of those DVDPlay kiosks at the market. Ever since I saw Monster House and Ice Age on dvd I've been trying to see as many animated films as I can. As with anything there has been the good, the bad and the weird (Happy Feet...what?!) so I didn't have any high expectations...especially after Chicken Little and Happy Feet...but I have to say it blew me away. I absolutely loved it. It had all the makings of a great animated film; humor, moral message, comical yet lovable characters, a catch phrase or two and of course a few heart warming moments. I laughed...a lot and cried a little. When it was over I felt all in all it was a good experience...and then it got grand. A signature nuance of Disney's animated films is a masterfully composed soundtrack featuring the musical styling of a noted Billboard chart-topping artist. Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston in The Prince of Egypt, Elton John in Lion King, Toy Story and The Road to El Dorado, Christina Aguilera in Mulan - my personal favorite, to name a few. Meet the Robinsons was no exception, with the Jonas Brothers and the talented Rob Thomas. As much as I enjoyed this flick what put it over the top for me was the music video for "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas. Beautifully composed, lyrically and musically. For some reason the way they stylize videos for animated movies comes off cheesy and childish, but I fell in love with it. In fact I got a little more emotional watching the video than I did from the movie. That's probably why I watched it about 3 or 4 times before we returned the dvd. And since it's been replaying on my Youtube favorites.




Rob Thomas Little Wonders Lyrics

No comments: