1) RFID-tagged passports have a distinctive logo on the front cover; the chip is embedded in the back.
2) Sorry, "accidentally" leaving your passport in the jeans you just put in the washer won't work. You're more likely to ruin the passport itself than the chip.
3) Forget about nuking it in the microwave – the chip could burst into flames, leaving telltale scorch marks. Besides, have you ever smelled burnt passport?
4) The best approach? Hammer time. Hitting the chip with a blunt, hard object should disable it. A nonworking RFID doesn't invalidate the passport, so you can still use it.
– Jenna Worthamwww.wired.com
| Currently watching : |
Release date: By 28 March, 2006